Monday, February 16, 2009

Game Two: UTEP 82, CS-Northridge 56



"We were just glad to have everyone back on the team. We were waiting for a team from California, and it took us a little while to get warmed up. They were up like 7-6 before we started to pull away. We were up ten, then twenty. It felt kind of good, like we were back in high school again and playing one of those schools that didn't care much about basketball.

My problem was that I was cold getting started - but I got warmed up. I dumped 15 on them, and I could have hit them for more if I didn't have foul trouble. Me and Martie, we fouled out. The only bad thing about the game was that Patty (Patricia) Clark got in a fight and got thrown out of the game. Why do they always want to pick on us? I don't get it.

Coach is pissed off again. We get into too many fights. She's going to make us suffer. I'm already exhausted.
"

-Brenda Dean

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This is the second time I've had players ejected for fighting. These kind of results are just...ridiculous. I'm simply going to ignore the Z result that says, "Fighting between F1s - each ejected." From now on, I'm going to read this result as "F1s are forced to rest for the rest of the game. If next card is 81-88, players are ejected for fighting."

How many fights can you remember in women's basketball? The answer is not many. Clark will be suspended for the next game against Fresno State. Hopefully, these kind of results won't cause problems.

'Forced Rest' is a card result that forces the indicated players to rest for the rest of the quarter. (In the college games's case, for the rest of the half.) The result is supposed to mimic those cases where a coach is dissatisfied with the player's performance, and forces them to sit on the bench.

UTEP shot 43 percent, and CS Northridge shot 35 percent. However, the real edge came in rebounding firepower. UTEP could just get the ball whenever it wanted to. The game stats at least looked like college stats, and that counts for a lot.

Or did they? My bookkeeping was okay, but I wonder if I used all of the cards I needed to. The problem is that a standard Fast Action Deck has 180 cards, but a college half needs 300 cards. Which means that after you go through the 180 cards one time, you need to reshuffle that deck and deal out 120 cards to finish the half. This should leave a mini-deck of 60 unused cards - and when you have multiple decks running around (discard deck, drawing deck, and cards-not-to-be-used deck), confusion is easy.

I really need to purchase Phil Graham's 300 card neck. No. I really, really need to purchase Phil Graham's 300 card deck. But until some money can float by, I'll avoid spending it on minor hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment