Monday, February 9, 2009

Exhibition Game - UTEP 81, Houston Bobcats 73



I can't believe that last game. We were playing the Houston Bobcats - a bunch of big girls who had graduated from college. Most of them had graduated from Houston. They were a traveling exhibition team, and coach told us not to underestimate them.

So I'm under the basket playing the two with this big Houston girl and I'm trying to work my way under the basket. She keeps bumping me off and then she just sticks her hand out and like mauls me in the face! She just puts her fingers right in my face, so I grab her hand so that she doesn't poke my eyes out.

Referee blows his whistle. Ejects her. Ejects me. Coach tells me to sit my ass down again. I was embarrassed. I didn't want my Mom or Dad to see this.

It kept getting worse. Then there was another fight under the basket. Then another. Then another. There were eight players ejected, four of theirs and four of ours and the Houston Bobcats coach is just riding the referee so hard that he should have put a saddle on her. He gets a T. Then he gets another T.

It was a joke at the end. They kept fouling us and we kept going to the line. They were big and tough but we got the win 81-73.

Conference USA is supposed to look at this game and decide what they want to do with us. Coach was absolutely friggin furious. It's going to be a really hard week. I wonder if I'm ever going to have a breakout game. And we have Iowa State after this! God help us.


-Brenda Dean

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



I'll write more about this game and what I learned about Statis Pro gameplay later. I just wanted to get the boxscore up.


No comments:

Post a Comment